Monday, June 25, 2007

When God Shows Off

After yesterday I feel as though I need to say something. Sunday's at Immanuel keep getting better and better. I serisously mean that. Just when I think it can not get any better, God shows up and makes me eat my words. Here is what I mean.

Yesterday started out pretty normal when Ray and I got the privilege to make coffee for our Bible Fellowship Groups (this is our weekly service ritual). Then the staff gathered for an awesome time of prayer. There are a lot of hurting people within our congregation and we get the privilege every Sunday to lift some of them up in prayer. Then people started showing up for Bible Fellowship at 7:45. I was able to go into the service before teaching my class at 9:00 and say hello to some people who I had not seen since the week before. Then I went and taught my class, which is growing and always an incerdible blessing!!! We had an awesome time discussing the book of Habakkuk (we are in the minor prophets right now). As soon as Bible Fellowship was over we went to the 10:40 service and God continued to show off. The praise time was great and pastor's message was fantastic. As if that were not enough, we had a class fellowship at both our house and our great friends, John and Teresa's house, after church. We ate our house and swam at theirs. It was a great time. The day was capped off with last night's service. The praise time was again great and Doug preached a great message.

All this makes me anxious to see how God is going to show off again next week!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"we ate our house"_____ I hope not?