Thursday, June 14, 2007

Proud to be a Partner

I have been on staff at Immanuel for seven years (actually it will be seven on the 23rd of this month). I realized very early (actually before I came on staff) that Immanuel was a church which was built on obedience to the Great Commission and God's Word. The reputation of Immanuel in the community and beyond was a well known fact. After coming to Immanuel I realized that this was the case because the Pastor is obedient to the Word of God.

As I am sure many of you know, our pastor spoke the final word at this years Southern Baptist Convention Annual Meeting in San Antonio (when it is in the archived file I will post the link). I watched the entire sermon and was prouder than ever to partner along side a pastor who knows what it means to be obedient to God's Word. I am sure that there were those who disagreed with him; however, if they did then they clearly are in disagreement with God's Word and with God Himself.

It is my prayer that as a church we lay aside any complacency and pursue exactly what God's Word tells us. We are to GO. I also pray that this concept again seeks into the very DNA of our church body. We have the best news in the world and we should refuse to be silent. Get excited Immanuel because God is moving us forward!!!!

No comments: