Saturday, June 30, 2007

Apology to Marissa

I am sorry that I did not put a post in about the loss of another of our family members. Ginger Rush (Marissa's Teddy Bear Hamster) passed away on Father's Day. I seriously did not mean to leave it out. I got a call from home before church started that morning and drove straight home to hug a broken hearted girl. She was a great pet for Marissa for almost 2 years. Hamster's do not live much past that because of their metabolism. Marissa learned a lot taking care of Ginger. She learned responsibility. She learned that something else depended on her in a very important way. I will say that Marissa loved Ginger the way a great pet owner loves a pet.

While Ginger is gone - she will never be forgotten. I am sure that we will all remember her and that Marissa will always cherish the memories of ONE GREAT HAMSTER!!!

No comments: