Saturday, June 16, 2007

Father's Day and Going to Church

Tomorrow is Father's Day. I am going to enjoy the day by going to church. Some father's choose to set the day aside and have "their" time (sometimes this includes not coming to church). It is my prayer that this Sunday we see many father's doing the right thing and leading their families to worship!

I had the privilege of growing up in a home where my dad made sure that every Sunday we were in church. There were very few excuses for missing church that he would ever allow. As a father it is my responsibility to be the pace setter in my family and make sure they see me worshiping in and out of church.

Some might say that this is religion. I say it is biblical (Do not forsake the assembling together). Going to church energizes and equips me for the work that God has called me to perform for Him.

So... See all you fathers in church this Sunday!!! Let's celebrate and worship our Heavenly Father together!!!

2 comments:

Marcie's Mobile Notary said...

What better place to be but in our Father's house on Father's day....

Mark Rush said...

Amen to that Marcie!! I am sure glad that you and Ray are back!!!