Saturday, April 28, 2007

Field Trips

What kid in school does not like a field trip? I know that when I was in school (mannnnny years ago) that it really did not matter where we went on a field trip - it was always a blast. What really mattered was that for a single day, I did not have to sit in class. Some things over the years have changed, but I am still a sucker for a field trip. Since becoming a dad I have gone on several field trips with my daughters and all of them have been great. Whether it is going to the pumpkin patch, a mission in california, the zoo, a play, etc it is as great this time as it was when I was growing up.

This Thursday I got to go to the Peterson Automotive Museum and the La Brea Tar Pits with Marissa. It was GREAT!!! I have always wanted to see the Tar Pits. I had never heard of the Auto Museum but being a car lover I was totally game. However, the greatest part of the day was getting to go with Marissa. We ate a sack lunch together and walked around and even sat by each other on the bus. She was not embarrased to have me around and it was a great time.

I hope I get to go on a few more before the kids get out of school....

No comments: