Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Family Videos

Gretchen is getting ready to head to Texas with a good friend of hers - for some serious girl time. As part of her trip preparation she is gathering our family videos. Her mom has one of those VHS/8MM to DVD recorders, so she is taking them so she can transfer them to DVD's. Much better format that should allow us to enjoy them for years to come.

Last night Meagan had put one of the old VHS tapes in to watch (this has become a favorite hobby of Meagan's as of late). I heard what was going on and went in to watch what turned out to be Marissa's 1st birthday party.

I thought to myself - how time flies!!!! Where did the years go? This all seemed to happen to me without my permission. When did we ever consent to letting our girls grow up. I must have missed out on that vote. It was one of those - if I knew then, what I know now - moments.

Knowing (and seeing last night) what I know now - I would have video taped every moment of their lives. I mean I would have set it up like the Truman show, so I would have documented, visual evidence of everything they have done.

So.... I am getting an additional battery for my camcorder and a Sam's Club pack of 8MM tapes. GIRLS WATCH OUT - YOUR DAD IS ON A FAMILY VIDEO MISSION!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

gretch said...

I am not sure I was there for the vote either to let our girls grow up. At least we have a few years left with the little ones and hopefully Megs also.

Mark Rush said...

What a journey we have been on...

Anonymous said...

I had a chat with Mia last night (which is so funny that I read this today) and we decided that no matter how old she gets she is going to stay with me until I die :)