Thursday, April 19, 2007

24/7

May 6 - 13 we will be having another 24/7 prayer week at church. This will be the fourth one I have participated in here at Immanuel. This is just an awesome time for the church to come together as one unit to pray without ceasing.

Little Prayer, Little Power
More Prayer, More Power
Much Prayer, Much Power

We will be encouraging people to pray for specific things during the week, but to me the biggest prayer is for God to change me!!!

My biggest challenge in life is not those around me - it is me. I was reading a book recently that states that the biggest leadership challenge everyone faces is themselves. HOW TRUE IS THAT!!!

Let's all come together for 168 straight hours and get on our knees before a Holy God and ask Him to change us, mold us and create in us what He wants us to be!!!

See Ya There

2 comments:

gretch said...

I can't wait for the prayer week. I had not done one until two years ago when Rob started one for the youth. Then last year when the whole church participated, it was awesome. It is such an awesome time with God, worshipping and letting God speak to you because you have an hour of alone time with just you and God. You think at first that you can't spend an hour alone with God, at least I did, and then when you are there, it goes by so fast. I added another hour at another time because it was so good.

Mark Rush said...

Preach it DEAR!!!