Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Dancing....

Okay, I have to admit that I am a fan of Dancing with the Stars. We have watched it faithfully for the last two seasons and were excited for season 4 to get here. That being said, imagine my excitement when a friend asked if Gretchen and I wanted to attend a live taping with him and his wife. I said yes and then two days later we were off to Hollywood. I will be quick to admit that I am not a huge fan of the whole Hollywood scene - but on Monday night I will admit I had a total blast.

We arrived in Hollywood about 3 hours before the line started forming (right beside the white pole - this is an inside joke for Gretchen). We passed the time just spending time with each other and have an all around great time.

Because we were there so early we were 14, 15, 16 and 17th positions in line. Guaranteed seating! We got in and sat down in seats in the balcony that were big enough for the likes of the extremely thin Hollywood types - but that did not curb our enthusiasm. The MC guy got us all going and then Billy Ray Cyrus came to the balcony and spent some time shaking hands and greeting the "regular people". HE WAS THE ONLY STAR THAT I SAW DOING THAT (I am beginning a vote for Billy Ray campaign).

The show was awesome (I think I got a workout just watching the camera guy maneuver his way around to get the good shots). We cheered and laughed during the entire show. I got Cheryl to wave to us, a personal thumbs up from Bruno, an I am not worthy bow from Billy Ray, and toooooo many memories.

DEFINITELY SOMETHING I WOULD DO AGAIN!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh you are right...it was a blast and I can't wait to do it again with our Hollywood traveling friends of course...Thanks guys it was a great time

Amee Peralta said...

Okay, I just figgured out how to post a comment...duh! This is really cool.

Anonymous said...

Okay...a few things here.
1. You weren't a fan of the Hollywood scene, but as we've concluded from an earlier blog you are now a Californian so you are going to be all about Hollywood now!
2. Is Billy Ray really considered a star?
3. You don't have to start a Billy Ray voter club, they have one already called "Vote for the Worst.com"! HAHA!

Mark Rush said...

Response

1. Californian yes - Hollywoodite NO
2. Billy Ray rocks and the entire mullet/redneck/country music loving world will bring his victory to pass.

Anonymous said...

Are you saying that you are a part of the "mullet/redneck/country music loving" world??!!

Mark Rush said...

Some people do a comb over, I do a tuck. I have a secret mullet tucked under my scalp. I only bring it out when it is totally safe.

I am a redneck - you could tell if you looked in my back yard and saw the the car buried there.

AND COUNTRY MUSIC ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You're so impossible sometimes!! :)
Reading your post I thought of the movie "Urban Cowboy". I'm picturing you and Gretchen going to a redneck club riding a mechanical bull.... HA HA HA HA! :)