Monday, March 19, 2007

How did this happen

How did I become a pac 10 fan? I say that with saying that I have been and will always be a Colorado Buffalo Fan. The problem with that this time of year is that they rarely make it to the dance in the first place.

I grew up in Big 8 (now the big 12) territory. Going to CU football and basketball games were a huge part my life then. I will admit that I was also closet Texas Longhorn (I guess I just thought their uniforms were pretty cool - burnt orange - hook 'em horns).

With that being said this year I find myself cheering for USC and UCLA to go all the way in this years tournament. I truly would enjoy an all LA final game, of course I would cheer for USC to win it all.

I just cannot imagine how I got to this point. I feel like a total trader.

I am in serious need of help. Of course all would heal if CU would get a clue and put a valid team on the court.

HELP!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Relax. Take a deep breath in.....and release it. Feel better? What's going on has a very simple explanation. You've lived in California for a little while now, correct? As much as you deny it, it's true...you are becoming a CALIFORNIAN!! Remain calm...it happens to the best of us. The palm trees, the ocean, Melrose Ave,they are all so...so.... California! You can't help but to be overcome by it all.

Mark Rush said...

I know that is what I need to do. Coming from a guy who said he would never do two things (1 - be a Southern Baptist, 2 - live in California). HA - that should show me to never say never:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah...but Cali still isn't Texas

Anonymous said...

Cali will never be Texas (thank God!). I'm glad to see that you are coming to terms with this whole California thing, Mark. All that is left to do is sit back and enjoy the sunshine (once you get past all the smog!)

Weren't you raised Southern Baptist?

Mark Rush said...

No I was raised in an Independent Baptist Church. Quite a difference from the SBC.

And yes I enjoy the sunshine and great weather - minus the smog of course.