Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Equipped for Excellence

What exactly does it mean to do something with excellence? Booker T. Washington said that Excellence is doing a common thing is an uncommon way. I think in terms of giving 100%, not holding anything back.

With that being said, is it not true that we are to be equipped for excellence? We should each pursue excellence in regards to all that we do for Christ. We should also pursue this as a church. Pastor recently preached a sermon on a Sunday night entitled “Equipped for Excellence”. If you did not get a chance to hear it – PURCHASE THE CD! It presented what we are to be doing as a church in the area of our Bible Fellowship Ministry. It is a great resource.

Another great resource, which promotes excellence in our Bible Fellowship Minsitry, comes our way every spring. Equipped for Excellence is a great conference to attend if you are working (or wanting to work) in our Bible Fellowship Ministry. At the conference you will hear from some of the greatest trainers in the nation in regards to Bible Fellowship Ministry. I have attended for the last 7 years and have always been extremely blessed!

You can get information about the conference on their website www.equippedforexcellence.org or by calling the Education office. If you register by March 25 the conference is free! I really hope to see many Immanuel Bible Fellowship Leaders in attendance on that day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognize this. Cheater. You put this in The Good News!

Mark Rush said...

It is not called cheating - it is called being a good steward (of course I was really hoping someone would notice - that at least shows me that people are paying attention).

Anonymous said...

Touche, Mr. Rush, touche (that is pronounced too-shay) You won this round...but I don't go down too easily.

Mark Rush said...

The question is - are you going to e for e this year???

Anonymous said...

No, I can't make it this year. I'm a busy person. TOo many things to do so little time.

Mark Rush said...

orgHopefully you will be able to come Sunday to the training - of course I have no idea who I am talking to.....