Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A new series in Bible Fellowship starts Sunday

This Sunday in our married adult ministry our classes will begin a new quarter of curriculum. To some this may not be a big deal, but to me I am anxious for it to get here. Let me explain why.

I have always enjoyed new things (buildings, clothes, sporting equiment, books, etc). It is not that I do not like old things, it is just exciting when something new comes along. Don't get me wrong, I take care of old things and have a difficult time letting things go that sometimes should just be thrown away. Case in point, the black shoes that I am wearing today are 6 years old. I love these shoes. I like the way they fit and how comfortable they are. When I wear them my feet do not hurt at the end of the day. I have a new pair of black shoes that are not as comfortable and do not feel as good as my old ones. With that being said, the shoes that I am wearing today are getting so worn out that when I wear them, my back hurts (the heal is almost worn off on one side). So I know that I just need to throw them out and get some inserts for my new shoes and make the switch.


I have enjoyed the last 13 weeks in Bible Fellowship as my class has been going through a study in the minor prophets but I am thoroughly looking at the study in Matthew that begins this Sunday. It will bring a new set of challenges weekly from the riches of God's all sufficient and all relevant Word. How good can it get.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Mark, I know a good cobbler who can replace the heal on your shoe and have them looking like new in a flash. I'll even take them there for you!

Mark Rush said...

You are the greatest. I will have to show you how bad they are. I am not sure they can be repaired though.