Thursday, May 10, 2007

24/7 Update

This week has been our 24/7 prayer emphasis at church. It has been great to see the number of people who have committed to one hour alone with God in prayer.

This morning I went in with one thing in mind and then God changed my plan. I brought my Ipod with me to listen to some music while I was there. One of the albums on my ipod is the Passion of the Christ Soundtrack. I played that and then read the account in Matthew. Needless to say it was pretty powerful. I was extremely tired when I read about the disciples not being able to stay awake for one hour in prayer. How fitting. I made it through the hour without falling asleep, but I realize that there are many times in my life when I have fallen asleep spiritually. Another thing that hit me, was the denial by Peter. I really sympathized with Peter because I too would have done the exact same thing. I would have, because I do now. Not with my words but with my actions

All of this brought to a fresh realization of the love Christ has for me. I cannot believe He has involve me into His plan. Certainly I do not deserve that love. The question then becomes, how can I ever hide that love from others.

No comments: