Thursday, July 19, 2007

What is takes to grow

The other day I was thinking about what it was going to take to get my grass to grow a little better than it had. I mean I had fertilized and watered it and it still was not growing quite like I thought it should. So I decided to look into things. From that I determined that I had over fertilized a little and that I was still not quite watering enough.

My course of action was as follows.

  1. Mow and fertilize (lightly) right before I went on vacation
  2. Increase the watering cycle
  3. Go two weeks without mowing

The result is that my yard is finally looking like I think it could.

The application to church is this.

  1. The grass will not get green on its own
  2. We have to work the land
  3. We have to be willing to do whatever it takes to see our friends, relatives, neighbors, co-workers and acquaintances like God sees them - saved or lost - and then desire to share with them the hope that exists for them
  4. Trust God for the results.

No comments: