Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Dodgers and Uncle Tommy

Yesterday we got the chance to go to the Dodgers game. Gretchen's uncle from Maine is in town and he wanted to go. It had been a while since we had gone to a game. So, we purchased tickets and headed down to Chavez Ravine (AKA Dodgers Stadium) to watch one of my favorite teams (the Dodgers) play the Atlanta Braves. This is her uncle's first time to California. Needless to say he was in awe. I can not count the number of times he said, "I can't believe I am in California watching a Dodgers game." We even got him to cheer for the Dodgers about midway through (one of his favorite teams is the Braves). I guess he just got caught up in the moment (sorry Jeff). Of course this is from a guy who occasionally gets to go to Fenway to watch the Sox.

He will leave Thursday with great memories and a desire to come back for more. What can I say, living in SoCal has advantages.

No comments: